- Pence has been quite rightly accused of staggering hypocrisy regarding his emails. Especially after being hacked, he set up a new insecure email account.
- The administration doesn't give a fuck about the environment. One of the first things the new Secretary of the Interior did was to undo an Obama-era ban on the use of lead bullets for hunting.
- Republicans use the Congressional Review Act (CRA) to further weaken worker protections, bringing the total number of regulations repealed by them through the CRA to 13. Historically, only one regulation had ever been repealed through this act.
- Do you want to hear more about all the people in Trump's administration who have been meeting with Russians? There's more than a dozen of them now, and the majority of them have denied such meetings at various points. This looks spectacularly bad for the President.
- The State Department released their yearly report on human rights. Usually this is a big deal, with the Secretary of State giving a globally-watched presentation on the report. This year, Tillerson decided not to make a deal of it at all and made no appearance, giving the strong impression that this State Department doesn't care about human rights.
- More stories of ICE being particularly vindictive and tearing families apart. This time, over a decade-old low-level marijuana conviction for somebody with a green card. No non-citizen appears to be safe.
- The Department of Homeland Security wants to separate parents and children in immigration detention. This marks a new low.
Friday, March 3, 2017
Day 43: Settling in for the weekend
Relatively quiet today, although some of these will still make your blood boil.