- Trump doubles down on claim that British intelligence participated in spying on Trump Tower. He has no fucking evidence, and is making an international incident out of it. The UK is understandably not pleased.
- More rhetoric from Tillerson regarding North Korea. None of it comforting.
- This is a bit old, but I've only just seen it. The GOP health care bill gives a 3.8% tax break on investment income and a 0.9% tax break on wage income to people earning more than $200K. This is in large part the cause of moving wealth from the poor to the rich. Who benefits from this? Look no further than the President himself. No wonder he is gunning for this bill!
- Do you have a student loan that you're struggling with? Never fear, because Trump is here! To make sure your life is miserable, that is. A common-sense Obama regulation has been rolled back, justified by only the statement that "it should have received public review".
- Trump has talked a lot about investing in infrastructure. So why does his budget slash funding to transportation services across the board?
- The consumer protection agency, set up six years ago, was designed to be independent of the administration. Trump wants to bring it under his control.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
Day 58: Spy games
Happy Saturday, everybody!