- The GOP reportedly has a new health care bill. Everything about it sounds disgusting.
- Trump, who is notoriously behind on nominations for just about everything, has nominated somebody to be secretary for the army. Only problem is that he's nominated a lunatic who believes that opposing transgender equality is God's plan for him. The temerity of those with privilege to justify the repression of marginalized people in the name of religion is disgusting in this country.
- More details of Russian involvement in the election, highlighting specific Russian goals and programs to undermine the democratic process. I wish somebody would find some evidence linking Trump to Russia once and for all and be done with it.
- You know how Trump promised to have a bunch of things done in his first 90 or 100 days? We're starting to see reporting of his promises falling through. Here's the first: cyber security. Not only has he blown his promise, he hasn't even started working on this one.
- Sessions, meanwhile, is annoyed that a "judge on a Pacific island" can overturn Trump's executive order. That island being a bona fide state, complete with all of the rights and responsibilities that entails. Feeling a little bit racist today, Sessions?
Friday, April 21, 2017
Day 91: Pacific Islands
Nothing ground-shaking today, but that zombie bill I warned you about yesterday is apparently shambling about in the house.